Search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites. 75% of users conducting those searches never scroll past the first page of results. If your website isn’t correctly optimized, you are missing out on a wealth of opportunities.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is critical for all businesses. On-page SEO, in particular, lays the foundation for all that follows. In order to see results and increase sales, you have to first take a look at your company internally, and on-page SEO consists of all features you can control on your site.
According to Search Engine Land, “you can’t compete for ranking on a specific key-phrase unless your web page provides a good match for the user query.”
Optimizing all content and tags provides a base from which search engines can pull for indexing and ranking. Below are six main components we’ve compiled for you to get a head start on an effective on-page SEO strategy in 2013!
- Keyword Research: Certain words and phrases are searched for more than others, and knowing which ones are more popular makes a big difference in results. This means taking note of industry-specific terms and trends as well as researching and utilizing words/phrases your target audience is likely to search.
- Page Titles: Applying relevant keywords to page titles will help search engines understand what your page is about. Basic is best.
- Descriptions: Page descriptions should not only include keywords but should also feature helpful and compelling language to attract potential site visitors. This is where you should let everyone know what you have to offer!
- Content: No site is complete without quality content. Content should include relevant keywords that attract the attention of search engines and site visitors. In fact, companies that blog have 434% more indexed pages – and therefore gain far more leads.
- Headline Tags: Add relevant keywords to headline tags. This will introduce the content of the page to the reader and to search engine spiders. This requires creative strategy in capturing attention as well as considering rank.
- Architecture: It’s important for URL structures to be logical in accordance with your business. Main navigations should be text based and sitemaps should be created to make crawling as simple as possible.
Contact us today for an in-depth SEO audit.